joi, 10 septembrie 2009

shoe is a perfect accessory for any occasion.



ALEJANDRO INGELMO
Tell us the inspiration for S/S 09. The idea behind my spring collection was to create purely feminine silhouettes with a contrasting edge. I offered beautiful pumps, Mary Janes and peep toe sling back booties in nude, baby pink, baby blue and dove grey to give softness. I then gave these styles the edge by adding bullet hardware to all of the straps. My favorite silhouette in the collection is a 140 mm platform heel that literally forms to your foot like a cage. I love it because you are not sure what it is when you see it. Is it a boot? Is it a sandal? I call it the Preying Mantis because it really is a man eater shoe!

JONATHAN KELSEY

Tell us some of the materials you have used for the new season.A luxe croc print, lacquered heels all hand-dipped in colour, a great brushed effect on a light metallic gold, and an exclusive geisha print created specially by London graphics designer Reilly.

RAPHAEL YOUNG
Tell us the inspiration for S/S 09.The whole idea and inspiration for the collection comes from the Japanese samurai armors. I went to Japan and studied the ancient and historic armory to really get the feel for that era and the whole warrior culture. It was fascinating to see how the samurai’s protective armor designed of sharp and strong combat-like features are combined with such precise detailing. And that’s what I tried to recreate in my S/S ’09 collection, strong and edgy shoes for all occasions with a lot of thought and work put into the detailing.


NICHOLAS KIRKWOOD
Tell us the inspiration for S/S 09.I wanted the collection to be bold and saturated in its colour, graphic, sharp in its lines, abstract in its shapes, aggressive yet very feminine and refined.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu